Average Annual Days of Sunshine 288 days
Average Annual Precipitation 22.96 inches (58.32 cm)
Average Annual Snowfall 108.8 inches (276.35 cm)
National Weather Service
(928) 556-9161 • weather.gov/flagstaff
Recorded Weather Information
Tips for Flagstaff climate
- At high altitude the sun is more intense and it is possible to experience fatigue and shortness of breath. Drink plenty of water, rest often and wear sunglasses and a hat.
- Spending time outdoors at 7,000 feet can lead to sunburn on cool and cloudy days as quickly as on warm and sunny ones. Remember to apply sunscreen before you venture out.
- Make layered clothing a key factor when packing. Be prepared for possible (and sudden) changing weather including snowfall in the winter months.
- Now that you know, get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
What to Pack
layered clothing appropriate for the season
sunscreen and sunglasses
shorts or light pants
short and long sleeve shirts
light jacket, sweatshirt or hoodie
wide brim summer hat
raingear during rainy season (July-August)
comfortable shoes or boots
long pants or jeans
long sleeve shirts
warm sweater, fleece, jacket or windbreaker
warm shoes or boots
hat and gloves for evenings
heavy pants or jeans
long sleeve thermal shirts for layering
warm sweater, sweatshirt or fleece
winter coat, hat, gloves and a scarf
waterproof winter boots and heavy socks