Things to Do
At an elevation of 7,000 feet (2,135 m), in the midst of the world’s largest ponderosa pine forest, Flagstaff is a four season hub of activity where an eclectic mix of small town charm and endless outdoor adventure beckons. Echoes of a rugged pioneer past blend with modern-day innovation to create a destination full of activities to keep you busy both inside and out. Whether your suitcase holds hiking boots and trekking gear or loafers and the latest novel you will find a way to feel right at home.
History buffs will delight in the Route 66 nostalgia and the museums and attractions dedicated to Flagstaff’s Native American culture and old west legacy. Those who like to hit the town will have a hard time choosing between all of the locally-owned shops, restaurants and galleries in historic downtown.
Flagstaff attracts outdoor enthusiasts year-round with its spacious vistas and cool, clean mountain air. Favorite activities include hiking, mountain biking, disk golf, camping, boating and rock climbing. During the winter months, Flagstaff is host to countless skiers and snowboarders, as well as many families who come to enjoy nearby snowplay.
While you are here, plan to use Flagstaff as your home base to explore some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. The city is only 80 miles from the Grand Canyon and close to seven national parks and monuments.
Movies on the Square
The Downtown Business Alliance presents Movies on the Square each summer. A free, family friendly evening on Heritage Square – In downtown Flagstaff. Movies on the Square are held each Saturday evening through the summer. Each evening begins with entertainment from the community, music, and then the Movie starts at dusk. What a great way to spend your Saturday!
The fun starts at 4pm, and movies generally begin between 7:30pm and 8:00pm.
July 8 (DOUBLE FEATURE)
Movie 1: Lego Batman Rogue | Movie 2: One
- Entertainment: Storm Troopers | Movie Sponsor: David Stephens Realty Executives, Fratellis Pizza, Mountain View Pediatrics
- Entertainment: Ryan Biter | Movie Sponsor: Naked Mobile, Coast & Mountain Properties, Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry, McLaughlin Orthodontics, FUSD
The Jungle Book (2016)
- Movie Sponsor: McLaughlin Orthodontics, Benefit & Financial Strategies, LLC, Mountain View Pediatrics, Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry
July 29 (DOUBLE FEATURE)
Movie 1: The Princess Bride | Movie 2: JAWS
Despicable Me 2
- Entertainment: Sambatuque | Movie Sponsor: McLaughlin Orthodontics, BASIS School, Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry
- Entertainment: Eldon Brass Quintet | Movie Sponsor: Lowell Observatory, McLaughlin Orthodontics, Fratellis Pizza