Hike, Bike or Picnic in the Pines
Flagstaff's city and county parks provide open space and activities for visitors and locals alike.
Flagstaff Recreation Centers
- The Aquaplex
- 1702 North 4th St. • 928-213-2300 • flagstaffaquaplex.org. The Aquaplex offers full-service recreation including a climbing wall, aquatic area with lazy river, fitness lanes and body slides, cardio and strength fitness area, indoor track and full gymnasium. Fun for kids and adults alike. Day passes available.
- Continental Country Club
- 2380 N. Oakmont Dr. • tee times 928-527-7999 • pro shop 928-527-7997 • Open to the public • continentalflagstaff.com. Narrow ponderosa pine-lined fairways, open meadows, lush fairways, and fast greens set against the backdrop of Mount Elden combine to make Continental Country Club a great golfing experience. Open to the public. Groups are welcome. Complete pro shop. Driving range. PGA professionals available for lessons.
- Flagstaff Athletic Club
- 1200 W. Route 66 and 3200 N. Country Club Dr. • 928-779-4593 • flagstaffathleticclub.com. The Flagstaff Athletic Club has two full-service fitness clubs in Flagstaff. Each club offers group fitness classes, cardio machines, weight rooms and a supervised area for children. Also available are sports leagues, indoor tennis, indoor and outdoor pools, pro shops and much more.
- Flagstaff Recreation Center
- 2405 N. Izabel St. • 928-779-1468. FRC offers an open gym, racquetball courts, drop-in programs and a weight room. Most programs have minimal costs associated with them. An annual membership fee is charged for use of the weight room.
- Thorpe Park Community and Senior Center
- 245 N. Thorpe Rd. • 928-774-1068. The center offers a variety of recreational opportunities for all ages. Programming includes fitness classes, Senior Olympic events and travel programs designed for seniors aged 50-plus. Drop-in programs, weight rooms and a variety of community clubs meet at this facility.